Credits for COVID-19 Related Tour Suspensions
If we suspend your tour scheduled to travel in 2020 or later due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will credit your account with the amount you paid. Your credit may be used to book any future travel with us.
For terms and conditions regarding 2022 and 2023 tours, please refer to the smarTours Terms and Conditions.
How to use this credit:
- Call 800-337-7773 during business hours (M-F 9:00am-5:30pm ET).
- Let the agent know you’re booking with credit.
- Select your tour and travel dates.
- You will receive confirmation via email for your new booking with the credit applied.
In connection with redeeming your credit you will be required to certify that you have not recovered the amount paid from insurance and that you have not obtained, and will not seek, a charge back on a credit card.
Important Information about your Credit:
- Credit for tours suspended related to COVID-19 does not expire.
- Your credit can be used for any tour, not just your original destination.
- Seats available to customers traveling on credit are limited to 50% of those on any trip (this limit does not apply to private groups).
- After the initial use of the credit any balance will remain available for future travel. For example, if you receive a $3,000 travel credit under the Plan, you can book one trip for $2,000 and use the $1,000 remaining travel credit for a future trip.
- If you have already made a new booking, your credit will have been automatically applied. If your credit does not cover the entire cost of your new booking, you will be responsible for paying the remaining balance according to the payment timelines in our standard Terms and Conditions.
- If a newly booked tour cannot operate or must be suspended, smarTours will reinstate the amount of the credit to the passenger’s account.
- If a tour is cancelled by the passenger there is no cash refund. Credit amount will be reduced by applicable penalties, if any.
- This credit is non transferable. However, credits may be transferred between immediate family members for a $199 change fee. For customers age 80 or older the credit may be transferred to anyone for a $199 change fee. Transfer fees must be paid separately by check or credit card, and cannot be covered by the credit itself.
- Trip Insurance: Unless a claim has been filed, any payments for trip insurance on your original trip will be applied towards the total credit amount. These can optionally be used towards purchasing trip insurance on a future trip.
- Private group leaders or members of the group who have not rebooked their tours may use the credit for any trip and traveler set including the group leader with no change fee.
- For private group leaders that had previously rebooked a tour with their credit, members of that rebooked tour can be changed for a $199 change fee.
For further information please see smarTours Terms & Conditions.
We are looking forward to seeing you on a future smarTours guided tour!