- What does it mean to be a smarTraveler? Is this similar to other status/loyalty programs out there in the market?
- Since 1996, smarTours has been dedicated to rewarding clients by consistently offering high quality international travel at unbeatable value. In the last 20 years, we have been fortunate to have an overwhelming number of repeat travelers and very strong word of mouth. Our smarTraveler program is our way of rewarding these loyal and active clients.
- If I always travel with my significant other or a certain travel companion, do we both need to apply to gain smarTraveler status?
- We do recommend that you and your regular travel companion(s) each apply separately to gain smarTraveler status if you envision potentially traveling separately in the future. However, if you always plan on traveling together, it’s not essential that you both apply for smarTraveler status.
- I’ve traveled with smarTours for years and referred countless new travelers. Does that mean I’ll definitely be a smarTraveler?
- smarTraveler is a program that rewards those who are both consistently and recently active with smarTours. If you’re among our most active clients, then we expect that you’ll qualify for smarTraveler status, but we do encourage you to review the requirements and let us know if you have any questions.
- If I have more questions about the smarTraveler program, what do I do?
- Please call us toll-free at 800-337-7773 or 212-297-0955 to discuss further.
- How soon can I use my smarTraveler status? What if I received my smarTraveler status after I registered for a trip?
- You will start to receive smarTraveler perks right away once you are approved. Specifically regarding the room upgrades and other hotel perks, you will be eligible for these benefits so long as you have smarTraveler status 90 days prior to departure. Please note that these specific benefits are subject to availability. If you do return from your trip and feel that these hotel perks were not provided, please let us know, and we will provide you with a $100 credit towards a future trip if it’s clear that extra perks were not delivered.
- What happens if my status expires just before departure?
- In order to enjoy the full benefits of being a smarTraveler, you need to be an active smarTraveler at the time of departure. If you have any questions about your eligibility for smarTraveler perks, please call our toll-free number at 800-337-7773.
- What can I expect in terms of room upgrades or other perks at the hotels on a tour?
- The nature of the hotel perks can vary – from an upgrade in room category to a room on a higher floor to a room with a better view to simply extra amenities.
- What does it mean to skip to the front of the line of a waiting list for a departure?
- If there’s a waitlist (which happens often for trips high in demand), you’ll jump ahead of anyone without smarTraveler status.
- What type of exclusive smarTours news should I expect to receive on the special smarTraveler email list?
- As you know, smarTours often comes out with simply amazing pricing. When we have an extra special deal, we’ll send it out to our smarTravelers first so that they have a chance to book before it’s sold out. Also, when we have trips with very limited capacity (for example, Cuba), smarTravelers will get first notice so that they can claim their spots. We will also advertise new destinations to our smarTravelers to provide first access to new tours that often sell out quickly.
- I’ve traveled with smarTours for years, referred countless new travelers, and been vocal in my community about smarTours. Does that mean I’ll definitely be a smarTraveler?
- smarTraveler is a program that rewards those who are consistently and recently active with smarTours. If you’re among our most active clients, then we expect that you’ll qualify for smarTraveler status, but we do encourage you to review the requirements and let us know if you have any questions.
- Do I need to satisfy just one of three requirements or all three?
- You only need to satisfy one of the three requirements. If you believe that you’re potentially eligible through more than one category, then it doesn’t hurt to fill out multiple categories to increase your chances of becoming a smarTraveler.
- How does the “travel frequently” requirement work?
- In order to qualify for the “travel frequently” requirement, you will need to have traveled three times in the last three years at the time of your application.
- How does the “refer friends & family” requirement work?
- In order to qualify for the “refer friends and family” requirement, you will need to have referred at least 12 friends or family members who took their first smarTours trips in the last three years at the time of application. Please be honest in the listing of your referrals. We will be double checking all referrals.
- How does the “be vocal” requirement work?
- We are looking to reward clients who have been vocal about their love of smarTours in the year leading up to their application. Unlike the “travel frequently” and “refer friends and family” requirements, the “be vocal” category is more subjective, but we apply the same high standards for approval.
Applying to Become a smarTraveler
- How do I apply?
- Please click here to fill out the simple online application form. Please fill out your contact information and at least one of the categories required for achieving status. You will hear back from us within two weeks. If you have any further questions about signing up, please give us a call at 800-337-7773.
- I’m certain that I fulfill these requirements. Why do I still need to apply?
- We want to reward our most consistently active clients, and we want to do so in the fairest and most accurate way. We certainly do not want to miss anyone who is deserving, so we ask that you submit the information to us, and then we will verify that everything is correct.
- I am having trouble with the online application form. What do I do?
- Please do not hesitate to call our toll free number at 800-337-7773.
- I applied, but I haven’t heard back about my smarTraveler status, and it’s been longer than a week. What do I do?
- We do our best to ensure that you hear about your smarTraveler status as soon as possible. However, if for some reason you have not heard from us within a week, please feel free to give us a call at 800-337-7773.
- How often do I have to apply to be a smarTraveler?
- We make it easy for you to maintain your smarTraveler status. Every year in early December, in advance of your smarTraveler status expiring, you’ll receive an email asking you to fill out the quick online form with your updated qualifications. If you do not fill out the application, your status will expire until you reapply.
- How long will my smarTraveler status last?
- If you’re accepted any time after March 31, 2018, you will have smarTraveler status through December 31, 2019. In December of the year where your status is expiring, you will receive an automated email asking you to renew, and your smarTraveler status will be yours to keep so long as you continue to meet the requirements.
- Why does smarTraveler status expire?
- Our goal is to reward our most loyal clients who maintain consistent involvement with smarTours. If your level of activity declines, your smarTraveler status will likely expire, but you can still of course enjoy our wonderful trips and will have a chance to regain your status!