We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. The successful applicant will be able to produce in-depth reports that suggest strategic and operational changes for departments within smarTours including marketing, product management, finance, technology, and tour supply. The ideal candidate will help define key metrics for business performance and help build the reporting tools to capture and analyze them. S/he will collect, monitor, and study business data to create custom reports that help improve user engagement, drive revenue growth, increase margin, and identify process improvement opportunities. In addition, we are looking for someone who can look at existing business processes and make specific recommendations about what data requires tracking, how it can be analyzed, and how it can be used to improve operations.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets using statistical techniques to provide insights and drive business decisions.
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop and test data driven marketing campaigns, explore the demographics of key customer segments, and inform the when, where and how of a marketing campaign.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to analyze customer and web analytics data, develop models for customer engagement and purchase funnel performance, and perform deeper analyses to inform future product development.
- Collaborate with the finance and tour supply teams to improve upon current pricing models by studying past data to reveal future dynamic pricing methodologies.
- Collaborate with engineering to develop and implement databases, data collection systems, reporting tools and other strategies that help measure and optimize business performance.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work with management across all business areas to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Strong knowledge of and experience with data visualization (Tableau, Power BI, Looker, etc.), databases (SQL etc.) and web analytics tools like Google Analytics.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, R etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-changing work environment
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving abilities along with strong writing, listening, communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Proficiency with standard office applications (Word, Excel) and an ability to learn business applications quickly like Peak 15 (reservations system)